twitter/pinterest/tumblr

Categories

Friday, December 21, 2018

Frame Work



Built and burned in the logo on 7 more Oak frames. I will have 2 frames left over after framing the paintings finished.
Im sure I will have paintings to put in them and then some shortly.

Making Frames is a chore compared to painting.



Trying out Polycrylic instead of polyurethane as a finish.
I think it is supposed to be less toxic.

It is a lot thiner than polyurethane. You have to put more coats on, and it is easier to get runs.

Polycrylic seems to dry more clear than Polyurethane. Polyurethane seems to dry a little more red in color.









2 of the frames had runs from putting the polycrylic on too thick. 
Have a couple of paintings that would look better with darker frames anyway.
Sanded them down and applied some ebony stain. 

It was late in the day and in the 50's when I put the stain on. I'm letting them dry over night.  I will check them tomorrow to see if they are ready for the polycrylic.









Cut out dust covers for all the finished paintings. 

I was able to frame 3 paintings and put the hangers on.

Hopefully it will be another sonny day tomorrow so I can get some good pictures of the framed paintings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts